Sunday 20 November 2022

November 2022 - It is all about ‘time’!

I have neglecting my blog over the last three months but may be finding time to write anything interesting is the main reason for doing so? Well I have now returned. 


So what has been going on then? Not much, well not as afar as ‘me’ is concerned but not written about my Sparkle weekend yet, sort of got over looked! As for outings, so far one at the end of September with Carole and all being well meeting her this coming week too, which I am looking forward too. Oh yes, I met Nikki (from N.I.) too, she was over here on business but due to timing I could only meet her in ‘bob’ mode but never the less, it was an enjoyable meet including meeting her Manager too with the meal paid by them which was much appreciated. Before anyone ask's, she has met me before in ‘bob’ mode and is the only person who has done so for a meet, it is an exception. All being well Nikki is visiting beginning of next year so at least one outing as ‘me’ should happen. 


As for ‘Sparkle’, a good weekend was had with Janine and Carole as we just chilled and enjoyed ourselves. It was Janine’s first Sparkle and I think her eyes were opened in what it was all about in which she seem to enjoy. Well she was the brunt of Carole and mine wind-ups with her but she took in good spirits. At a personal level, yes I enjoyed it but afterwards I realise a whole weekend was just too much, especially staying two nights were it took longer to recover. So I have decided that future Sparkle events will just consist at best one day / one night only which will be enough for me. 


Strangely having now retired I seem to find less opportunities in getting out as other things in my life seem to be jumping ahead of the queue, some of my choice though! Reaching retirement age, I sense my priorities have changed as the little grey cells at back of your brain begin to realise that you are well past the half way stage of your life! You then begin to think you need to make the most of your good health times while you are able too. It is like spreading a thin layer of butter over a slice of bread but realising you may not have enough to cover the whole piece so attempt to make it go as far as possible - that is how I see things. Consequently, ‘me’ moments are not the main priority anymore as I have spend enough time waiting for moments / arrangements to happen. Well no more I’m afraid, I have not got the time! So it is now a 100% definite arrangement for an outing or nothing.


With ‘life’ in mind, I have recently gone through all my KD related images and deleted over 1000 images from my records as not relevant. Some of these included images with or of friends, some of whom have received copies before deletion. I suppose in some ways, this explains why I have been reducing the size of my wardrobe too, don’t need the clothes, so sell on eBay and use the profits on ‘bob’ things and stuff to such a great effect too! This has meant even less possible ‘me’ time available with my new toys and things but best of all I am enjoying it too. Coming into the equation is also ‘health’ reasons as especially this year, hospital visits have been more than usual and doubt they will get less as we get older! However, health wise I am fine with one possible positive has been my ongoing dry cough issue I have regular been suffering over the last two / three years and finally it has solved. I now take another daily tablet to eliminate that issue and life is so much better now. However, on the down side, my hearing is now suffering but at least I am able to solve that issue in due course with the assistance of the NHS. 


Ah the question raises with all of the above, does this mean no more ‘me’ in the future and straight answer to that question is simply no. Well, contrary to what some people think, you cannot stop being who you are or suddenly take the girl out of you, as it is there for life. Yes you can hide it for a while but it will come back sooner or later! Anything else and you are kidding yourself. So yes, I come out and play in the future but only when it is definite arrangements to be made, not provisional or half hearted attempts as I do not have time! 


Well that is enough written for now and hopefully between now and Christmas / New Year, I hopefully get out at least two / three occasions, fingers cross! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment