Tuesday 31 October 2023

October 2023 - Time for an update.

Almost four months since my last entry, I suppose this sums up my present life, KD only is a small part of these days as I get distracted by other but good things in my life. It is strange how life changes more than you imagined once you retire, you sort of live for the moment and hopefully you are able to reach certain goals for the future.  


As mentioned in my last entry, I never attended the annual ‘Sparkle’ weekend in July and since then I have at least manage to get out on three occasions, twice in August and at beginning of this month which has been something all to different locations too. Yes, first one Village, Manchester to meet Carole and the usual enjoyable evening had with for a change a nice meal in Velvet too. We felt sorry for the the young girl waitress serving us as she seem to be on her own and serving the few people there. However, she was superb and a credit to Velvet too. The second outing was an unexpected meeting with Angela in Knutsford, who I have not seen or heard from for some time. Another enjoyable evening and playing catch up too but sadly it will be some time before I see her again as now gone to ‘Down Under’ for work purposes, a shame as we do get on well with each other. The third outing was to the October Leeds First Friday event including an overnight stay with Carole which was at the usual Travel Lodge. It was good enjoyable occasion including a nice meal and service at the nearby Italian Restaurant, Viva. It was unusual seeing the Cosmopolitan Hotel being closed as that was the usual early and late evening meeting point for most girls who attend the monthly event. Consequently, meeting points seem too be elsewhere including the Viaduct but although we had a good enjoyable evening, I had the impression and observation, not as many girls out and about as previous, certainly once midnight arrived, as if the whole area was taking over by students! No bad thing and they were there to enjoy themselves too along getting some compliments thrown at us too. Yes, we will go again, sometime next year but LFF not the same without the Cosmopolitan as that was centre of the events. 


Since LFF, I have not manage to get out again, although still trying to meet Christine from Southport but it is an ongoing saga to say the least but we will get there eventually. Certainly hope to meet sometime in November along a couple more outings before Christmas. Fingers Cross.


I must admit, my ‘online’ activities are getting less too especially attempting to communicate with other girls, it seems to be a waste of time, not helped that some seem to insist you must communicate via ‘xyz’ social media. Clearly some girls have lost the ability of proper communication which is usually telephone (voice), e/mail too and eventually meeting face to face. Well if you really wish to get wrapped up in Whats App, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc then you are welcome to it but I do find it very sad that your lives are based on those Apps, but yes it is a changing world for sure but for the better, sadly no. And before anyone asks, no I am not a dinosaur either but I just prefer traditional ‘real’ communication. One thing I cannot figure out though, some girls use the media mentioned yet they are attempting to keep themselves secret from family and friends, yet they use some of those Apps were you got more chance of being outed! How strange! 


One thing I have realised, due to Covid and other things my friend base has completely changed, so much so that any friends I had from 3/ 4 years ago (and before), have all disappeared for many reasons. A question I do ask, did I really have ‘good’ friends to begin with and the answer would be I suppose is no, the best way to put it, they were just ‘passing’ friends during different stages of KD’s life (so far). So it was nice to know them but good luck to them for the future, we move on!    

No comments:

Post a Comment